Leadership Optometry is accepting applying for the Class of 2024
Leadership Optometry is a comprehensive leadership development program designed to empower members of the Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians (OAOP) with the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to become effective leaders within the profession of optometry. Through a series of issue-oriented sessions and immersive experiences, participants will gain a deeper understanding of Oklahoma's optometric history, critical issues facing the profession, and essential leadership competencies.
- Cultivate strong leaders for the future of the optometric profession at the local, state, and national levels.
- Provide participants with in-depth training and personal growth opportunities.
- Empower participants to lead effectively within their communities and the profession.
- Foster unity among leaders in optometry.
- Advocate for the future of the optometric profession.
- Open to all OAOP members.
- Program Structure:
- Six (6) issue-oriented sessions.
- Highly interactive sessions facilitated by subject-matter experts, OAOP leadership and fellow participants.
- Sessions are held at locations relevant to the topic studied.
- Attendance is mandatory for successful program completion.
- Missing more than one entire session or accumulating partial sessions will result in disqualification from graduation.
- Tuition fee: $100.00.
- Covers a minimal portion of program costs.
- Meals are provided during scheduled events.
- Lodging is available for two-day activities with double occupancy (if applicable).
2024 LO Chair – Phillip Ford, OD
The deadline to apply for the 2024 class is January 5, 2024. For more information about Leadership Optometry email Leadership@oaop.org.
Class of 2022 Leadership Optometry Graduates:
Kelly Boucher, OD (Oklahoma City), Evan Dunn, OD (Edmond), Phillip Ford, OD (Catoosa), Bryce Geiger, OD (Altus & Elgin), Hannah Gregory, OD (Durant), Amanda Trudeau Hatcher, OD (Sallisaw), Trenton Kellogg, OD (Durant), Peyton Porter, OD (Jenks), Devyn Staggs, OD (Clinton), Ryan Swindell, OD (Tulsa), Kevin Stieb, OD (Lawton), and Brittany Wolthuizen, OD (Glenpool & Broken Arrow)
Get Involved with OAOP!
Please fill out the form to express your interest.